Monday, September 17, 2012

My purpose

I will center my life upon Christ through worship (I Peter 2:9), and will sacrifice my life for Him (Romans 12:1).

I will strive to be completely controlled by God including my will, my heart, and my hands. Peace instead of worry will fill my life (John 14:27).

I will contribute to the needs of my family, my community and the world by loving service and taking action through my God-given talents (I am abundantly BLESSED and held accountable for these talents) (I Peter 4:10).

My thoughts, words and actions will strive to give glory only unto Him (I Cor 10:31).

And so, I will live for Christ alone—not for His temporal blessings, and not in fear of His wrath (Luke 12:21).

I will be satisfied with Him alone (Ps 23:1), and love Him and His people unconditionally (Mark 12:30-31).

I will allow the Spirit of the LORD to work within me and become more and more like Jesus my Savior. I will be true to Godly character and will persistently develop that character through study (2 Tim 2:15).

I will demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit to the extent that those who know me best will be led by my example toward a closer walk with Jesus. (Gal 5:22-25)


No comments: