Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A few things I've done

These are just a few of the things that have been on previous versions of my "to do" list that I've actually accomplished, some are quite silly. Enjoy!

Shoot something – pretty sure I hit the pan at least once with the 9mm I shot last year, definitely got nothing when shooting the rifle

Save someone's life – I was a lifeguard for three years and I had two fairly dramatic rescues

Cause a car accident – swerved to miss a dog and hit a telephone pole instead…oops!

Communicate with someone without sharing a common spoken language - I had the opportunity to spend time in Honduras and Sweden where this happened. One story that really stands out was being in Sweden and attending a Swedish/English church. They would alternate worship songs in each language. One song they sang in Swedish, I knew in English. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought this could be a tiny glimpse of what heaven will be like - people of every tribe, nation, and tongue worshipping the Creator.

Sing loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking – yeah, pretty much every time I drive, I do this

Walk the Golden Gate Bridge - I've done this a couple times at least

Pick up and move to another city to just start over – Generally I move to a whole new state not just a new city. Sometimes I think I’m ready to do this again

Go to a drive-in theatre – went a few times when my grandparents lived in Colorado and they had a drive-in theatre just down the road

Stole a sign – well, I didn’t steal the sign but I do possess a table made out of a stop sign so I might be in possession of stolen property

Sleep under the stars – I have done this many times and hope for many more occasions to sleep under the stars! Love it!!

Go to a professional sports game – I’ve been to a few Bulls games, Cubs games, a Blackhawks game, a Rockies game and probably a couple others.

Climb a mountain – I think it counts that I have climbed Twin Sisters (11,400ft) in Estes Park, CO probably half a dozen times

Make a complete and utter fool of yourself – definitely accomplished this one!

No comments: