Tuesday, December 01, 2009

My Life "To Do" List

I am now less than 14 months from turning 30 which is not a big deal to me - I already have people telling me I'm old! But between that and a death in my family, it did get me thinking about things I'd like to do before I die. This list is not set in stone, it changes with my mood and time in life. Some things I want to do now but six months from now, I may have no interest in doing. I've also put together a few of the things I'm happy I've done in my short life - that will come in another post - this one is long enough.

Things I want to do before I die...
*Live abroad
*Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon & raft through it - just not sure I want to hike back out! Could I get a helicopter ride out?
*Ride a gondola in Venice
*Milk a cow
*Take a midnight walk on the beach
*Watch an orchestral performance in Vienna.
*Swim with dolphins
*Take a trip in a hot air balloon
*Watch a meteor shower
*Visit all 50 states – getting close, I think I’m at 41
*Watch whales
*Grow and eat my own vegetables
*Watch a lightning storm at sea
*See the Northern Lights
*Photograph an endangered species
*Attend a music festival in another country
*Cross a country using only public transportation to see a country the way most of its people do: from the window of a bus, train, or ferry.
*Play in the rain
*Play in the mud
*Kiss in the rain
*Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring
*Visit the Holy Land
*Ride something bigger than a horse
*Learn another language and actually use it
*Create my Family Tree - pretty sure my mom is already making great progress in this area!
*Spend a whole day reading a great novel
*Get passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it.
*Tell someone the story of my life, sparing no details
*Hear someone tell the story of their life, sparing no details
*Ride a camel into the desert
*Plant a tree
*Sit on a jury – I realize this makes me crazy, but I think it could be interesting.
*Write a book
*Learn to play the guitar with some degree of skill
*Teach someone illiterate to read
*See a lunar eclipse
*Ask someone I've only just met to go on a date – okay so this one is here to make me smile since I don’t ask guys on dates but he could ask me! :0)
*Watch the launch of the space shuttle
*Be someone's mentor – I have been blessed with this opportunity and look forward to doing it again!
*Climb an active volcano

No comments: