Saturday, October 13, 2007

In my element

Running these retreats, I'm totally in my element. I love interacting with the participants, meeting new people, seeing ones I met in the summer, watching them having fun and learning together. The mom/daughter retreat has been especially fun to witness. We have fourteen moms with their daughters (some even brought two!) and they have many, many opportunities to hang out with each other. It's so fun to watch them interact.

The home school retreat went really well. We had 16 kids come, ranging in age from 1st to 8th grade. Surprisingly it was mostly boys. A local paper came out yesterday to talk with me and photograph the kids and they will run a story about it later this week. I hope I said everything okay. :-) I had a blast hanging out with the kids, playing games with them, catching bugs (along with a frog & turtle) and seeing them come to understand more about God by learning about His creatures. I even got to eat a cicada (the locust bug).

Good times...

No comments: