Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Retreat, Retreat

Tomorrow begins the first retreat that I am responsible for. It is the Home School Retreat. It's only a one night deal. Then on Friday, I have the Mother/Daughter Retreat. Both should be interesting.

At the Home School Retreat, our theme is the "BUG-aboos of life". We've got an entomologist(sp?), aka a bug guy, coming to speak. He & his wife were missionaries with AIM and now speak to youth & families. The speaker asked me if I would be willing to eat a bug during one of the sessions. I agreed. Not really sure why I agreed, but I did.

For the Mother/Daughter retreat, one of my coworkers is speaking on our theme of "Wild, Wild West with a Wild, Wild God." I'm really looking forward to this one. It's the first time that we've at a mother/daughter retreat at this camp and it's a rather exciting first retreat to have.

Needless to say, the next four days are going to be rather busy ones for me. I'm looking forward to the retreats happening. It's a new season in my job here. I really do enjoy the programming side of my job.

No comments: