Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm leaning

Do you know the song that goes, "I lean, I lean, I lean, I lean, leanin' on the Lord's side"? Or something like...anyhow, that's me. I'm totally leaning on the Lord because there's no way I could do this on my own. It's by His grace, His faithfulness and His provision that I can say that I am at peace. The Lord has been so good to me. While I am completely overwhelmed with all I need to learn and do before summer starts (on Tuesday!), I haven't been stressed out. Rather, I have a sense of peace and calmness that is so NOT me. Normally in a situation like this, I would be freaking out and probably getting migraines. But instead I feel laid back and ready to take things one step at a time. It's such a blessing to see how God has been working in me. It's only through His grace and faithfulness that I am this way.

Psalm 33:4 tells us that "the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does." He is so faithful to us, even when we aren't faithful to Him. It's just amazing to witness it in my own life.

I really love it here. The area is just gorgeous, the people are really friendly and my work is fantastic! Last night we had an Open House/Graduation Party for high school kids in the 4.12 program (the leadership training program that I run). It was so fun to meet a bunch of them and have them be excited to meet me. It's going to be so great to get to know them and interact with them throughout the year.

No comments: