Saturday, March 04, 2017

Uninvited prayer

Lord, You are teaching me so much about trusting You. Fully. Completely. Without suggestions or projections. I'm choosing to embrace the very next thing You show me. I'll take this first step. And then I'll take the next. 

I finally understand that I don't have to fully understand each thing that happens for me to trust You. I don't have to try and figure it out, control it, or even like it, for that matter. In the midst of uncertainties, I will just stand and say, "I trust You, Lord." 

I visualize me taking my fear of rejection from my incapable clutched and placing my trust in Your full capability. And as I do, I make this all less about me and more about you. I replace my fragile efforts to control with Your fortified realities. 

You are the perfect match for my every need. 

I am weak. You are strength. 
I am unable. You are capability. 
I am hesitant. You are assurance. 
I am desperate. You are fulfillment.
I am confused. You are confidence. 
I am tired. You are rejuvenation. 

Though the long path is uncertain, You are so faithful to shed just enough light for me to see the very next step. I now understand this isn't You being mysterious. This is a great demonstration of Your mercy. 

Too much revelation and I'd pridefully run ahead of You. Too little and I'd be paralyzed with fear. 
So, I'm seeking slivers of light in Your Truth just for today and filling the gaps of my unknown with trust. 

From the Uninvited book

No comments: