Wednesday, December 02, 2015

The Word became flesh

I've had this line from a Christmas song running through my head...

"The Word made flesh, now dwells among us, Christ is come."

Have you ever really stopped to think  about this?! The God of the Universe, the One who created the stars and holds everything in place, the One who made us, He came here to live among us. Sinful lowly mankind! What in the world?!?! How can this be?! It's either some kind of crazy or some kind of wonderful love. And what love that must be?!?! When I really stop to ponder, I don't get it. I don't understand that love. I struggle to love others. To truly love them. Not for what I get in return but just to love them for love's sake. I'm too often selfish and wanting something back from them and when I don't get it, my love falters. 

But God. 

His love drove Him to earth. Not just to live here but to love, to reach, to serve and then the ultimate act of love...He dies for me. For you. Even though we didn't give him anything in return. Even though we often turn our backs. Even though we mess up and put other people, other things first. But still He came. Still He dwelt among us. Still He died for us. 

Amazing love. I don't get it but I choose to accept it. 

Check out the rest of the song here....

No comments: