Thursday, November 19, 2015

8-4

(courtesy of Facebook. source unknown)

Monday thru Friday. 
8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Usually earlier. Almost always later. 
Logging in to see what chaos awaits me. 
Turmoil. Changes. Restructuring.
So. Much. Unknown.

That's what "work" means to me these days. With the company facing uncertain times and allowing some people to retire early while others are laid off without choice, there is much tension to fill each day. Uncertainty about the status of a job led many of us to feel stressed out and frustrated as we waited and waited and waited for the news to come. Now that all of those decisions have been made, our group has turned its focus to restructuring and figuring out what to do with those who remain. 

In the midst of all of this, I have found immeasurable peace. I was not worried about losing my job. Not because I thought I was safe but because I knew if I lost my job that we would be okay. Now that I am transitioning to a new boss and waiting to hear what my role will look like, I still have peace of knowing that it will all work out. Somehow. Someway. And it makes me sad to see how many others don't have this peace. Oh I'm definitely confused and uncertain and impatiently waiting for news but I'm also still at peace. 

Today I am thankful to have a job. 
A job that provides for our family. 
A job that challenges me. 
A job that teaches me new things. 
A job with great coworkers. 
I am thankful for the daily grind. 

No comments: