Thursday, January 30, 2014

Identity - how God sees me

My goal for 2014 is to grow in love for God and love for people. Both have just been impressed deep on my heart that these are areas where I really need to grow more. When you love God more, the natural outflow is that you're going to love people more. This goal is taking me on a journey of learning more about God. The more I learn about Him, the more I love Him. Then I’m learning about how He sees me. If I don’t have a proper perspective on how He sees me, it’s going to affect how I view Him.
 
Today I'm participating in the Proverbs 31 blog hop so I'm writing about identity and how God sees me. It’s really important to see ourselves as He sees us. We have to learn to walk in the Truth. It’s so easy to get caught up in the lies that the devil wants to feed us. Lies about who we are. Lies about how God must see us as a result of our past and our sins. Lies, lies, lies. How often do we mediate on these lies, rather than Truth? Meditate on something long enough and you’re bound to begin to believe those meditations. And how often do we soak in the lies that the devil is shouting at us and miss out on the whispers of Love from our Abba Father?
 
So I began to make a list of ways that God sees me. What is Truth? When I read through the Scriptures, how does God describe me? That list could go on and on. I could write individual posts on each one of these things and still not exhaust all that God has to say about me. For now, I’m just writing a list of a few truths that especially stand out to me and that I want to soak in, to meditate on….
 
I AM GOD’S….
….child (John 1:12)
….workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
….friend (James 2:23 / John 15:14-15)
….temple (1 Corinthians 3:16/ 1 Corinthians 6:16)
….vessel (2 Timothy 2:2)
….witness (Acts 1:8)
….beloved (Romans 1:7/ 2 Thessalonians 2:13)
 
I AM….
….a light in the darkness (Matthew 5:14)
….a candle in a dark place (Matthew 5:15)
….a city set on a hill (Matthew 5:14)
….the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13)
….greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; 1 Thessalonians 1:4)
….justified and redeemed. (Romans 3:24)
….more than a conqueror through Him who loves me (Romans 8:37)
….a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)
….redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13)
….chosen, holy, and blameless before God. (Ephesians 1:4)
….accepted (Ephesians 1:6)
….redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ. (Ephesians 1:7)
….God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10)
….delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13)
....redeemed and forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
….complete in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:10)
….chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
….loved eternally 1 Peter 1:5 / 1 John 3:3
….healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24)

1 comment:

Carla Pollard said...

Wonderful post. Loving God and people is what it's all about. Glad you're on this journey with us.
Carla Pollard
OBS Blog Hop Team