Sunday, January 12, 2014

500 words

So I was just reading about a writing challenge called 500 words. Basically the premise is to write 500 words every day. Don’t edit, just write. The challenge is to write every day in the month of January. Well it’s January 12th and I just found out about this. But still, I’m going to take up the challenge. Perhaps I’ll even keep going into February. It just might help me to blog more regularly. I love to write but too often the busyness of life creeps in and I don’t make the time to write. Putting words to a page. Capturing some of the thoughts swirling in my head. That’s my goal in 500 words each day.

This morning at church we sang one of my favorite songs, The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe. Today I fell to my knees as we sang this and tears streamed down my face.
The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You
I want to sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hand
Lay back against You and breathe,
Hear Your heart beat
This love is so deep, it’s more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace, it’s overwhelming
And it was those last two lines that just sank deep in my heart. His love is so deep for me. His peace is beyond what I can understand. It doesn’t make sense but it overwhelms me. I can rest in His love. I can sink deep into His peace. There have been circumstances in my life over the past month that have brought turmoil, pain and discomfort. But this morning, I was flooded with the love of God for me and His peace that surpasses understanding. And it made me want to seek Him more, to go even deeper into the things of Him. I just let the words wash over me and I repeated the last two lines again and again.

After worship, I took the kids downstairs for kid’s church. I was supposed to talk to them about the Fall and about judgment and mercy but I couldn’t. All I could think about was the love of God. So that’s what we talked about. How much God loves us. Why God loves us. How He loves us even when we don’t make right choices. How He doesn’t give up on us. I suppose in some ways I was preaching more to myself than to the kids. Because I certainly needed this reminder today.

And every day.

I am loved.

Deeply loved.

When my heart breaks, He captures every tear.

When the questions fill my mind, He is the solid Rock.

When I’m not sure what the next step is, He is the lamp to my feet.

When the words just won’t come, He speaks through me.

I am loved.

You are loved.

Grab onto this truth. It will change your life.

God loves you so deeply. It’s more than you can fathom.


We are loved.

(512 words)

No comments: