Monday, August 05, 2013

The best is yet to come

Six months ago today I went in for surgery on my leg and came out with a skin graft (and terrible pain to go with it). Six months ago life came to a screeching halt as I couldn't move until my leg healed. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's already been six months (usually the days when my leg aches and I wonder if it'll ever stop). Other days it seems like it's been way longer (usually when I'm out jogging/walking and I marvel at how far God has brought me). That's just it....it was God that brought me to this point. He brought healing to my leg. He strengthened me and kept me focused on recovering the right way. He taught and is teaching me so much every day. I'm in awe of His grace and I need it more each day. I'm humbled by His mercy and overwhelmed by His love. Every day feels like another gift, another chance to become more like Jesus. And even though I fail Him time after time, He keeps loving me and drawing me back to Himself. So today I celebrate 6 months as a milestone of God's work in me. The best is yet to come!!!

No comments: