Friday, October 05, 2012

Roller-Couch Escapades

Vertigo, vertigo
My new "friend" vertigo
Please go away
And don't return

Tuesday morning I woke up to the world spinning. I lay in bed watching my room spin faster and faster until I felt sick to my stomach. Four hours later, I was still dizzy so my wonderful roommate took me to the doctor where they informed me that I had an ear infection and vertigo.
ver·ti·go/ˈvərtəgō/Noun: A sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height, or caused by disease...

Synonyms: dizziness - giddiness
"Whirling".... yeah, that's a pretty good description of what I felt. I told a friend it was like being on a merry-go-round that wouldn't stop. Or kinda like riding a roller coaster only I was sitting on my couch. My friend found that funny and began calling this my roller-couch escapades. Yep, that sums it up.

Fun times in the life of Holly....

No comments: