Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Changing colors

I love this time of year. In fact, fall may just be my favorite season. Cool, crisp mornings that change into warm afternoons. Wearing a sweater in the morning and short sleeves in the afternoon. Laying on a blanket and looking at the stars. Pumpkin carving and corn mazes. So many fun fall activities!

And the leaves! Oh, how I love to watch the changing colors of fall.  The fields of corn & beans go from green to golden yellow to harvest brown. Leaves shift from green to yellow or red or orange...the sight can be absolutely stunning. We've only just begun to see these changes here in IL. This past weekend, I was at the zoo and took a few pictures of the changing leaves but there is the promise of a kaleidescope of colors to come.

The chill of winter is just around the corner, but for now I will enjoy the fall and plethora of activities that come with the cooler weather. Yay! :-)

No comments: