Thursday, September 29, 2011

To think or not to think

I've been reading through some old journal entries and thought I would post a few here because it may be an encouragement for someone else. As I look back on where I came from, I am so thankful for what the Lord has done in me. I'm still a work in progress but praise God that He hasn't given up on me (Philippians 1:6).
========================================
6/28/2010 – Somewhere along the way, I quit thinking. I looked to others for the right words, even the right thoughts. I became a robot waiting for others to program me with the right responses and actions and thoughts. Thinking seemed painful and brought judgment from others. Thinking brought out ideas that were different, even uncomfortable. And so I became a reed swaying in the wind, tossed to and fro, here and there. And then I wake up one day and realize that to not think is even more painful. To not think is to not be true to who God created me to be. I allowed others to shape who I am rather than looking to Creator God who formed me in my mother’s womb. And He put a call on my life back then. A call that He is now preparing me to launch into. Think, Holly, think. You are a beautiful, victorious woman of God.

No comments: