Monday, April 11, 2011

Looking back - saying no

I am a chronic journaler. I go through phases where I write everyday, sometimes multiple times a day (those are usually tough days). Othertimes, like now, I don't journal as often. I get busy and forget or I'm just too tired at the end of the day. One of the things I love about journaling is that I can look back and see what God has done. I was reading through my journal recently and came across the following post and I was blessed to see how God is answering my prayer....

5/18/2010 – NO. It’s such a little word yet so vital to one’s physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional health. Everyday we encounter things that we must say no to. And if you don’t use that powerful word often enough, you will pay the price. You would think that by the age of 29, I would be accomplished at saying no. But alas, I don’t use it enough. And then I get sick and my body cries out for relief. My soul longs for rest. I am not designed to do, do, do. I am a human BE-ing, not a human DO-ing. There’s a world of difference there. I am meant to dwell in the secret place, to seek intimacy with Jesus. Distractions crowd in, good things yes, but still distractions if they keep me from the call that Christ has placed on my life. Making choices with eternity in mind should be my priority. Each day we are given another chance to make choices for God’s glory and our good. Oh Lord, don’t let this be temporary, but a life lesson I am learning. Open my ears to hear Your voice. Open my heart to receive Your love and Your presence. Open my eyes so I can see You. Reorganize my life where necessary that I would bring You the most glory. I want You to create my priorities.

No comments: