Monday, November 01, 2010

What did I do today to relate to my sphere?

Discipleship group assignment to answer the above question.  My musings...

Every day I relate to my sphere. Every day I influence those around me. But what kind of influence am I? Being intentional about relating to my sphere is opening my eyes to the type of person I can be where God has put me. Each day I have a choice: to grumble and complain or to set my gaze on Jesus and be obedient where He put me even if it’s not exactly where I want to be.

As I did this assignment, I kept a list of the lessons I am learning about relating positively to my sphere:

 Choose my battles. I do not always have to be right.

 Show love and genuine interest.

 It takes a lot of courage to own your mistakes and apologize to someone you snapped at.

 Do not judge a stranger. Assumptions are dangerous.

 People meet not just me, but also the Spirit of Christ in me.

 Be aware of my surroundings and look for encounters God may place in my path.

 Respond with joy.

 Learn contentment – don’t move mentally before God moves me physically.

 Just because I have an opinion doesn’t mean I’m obligated to express it.

 Sometimes the most loving thing I can do is to shut my mouth.

 PICK MY BATTLES. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE RIGHT.

No comments: