Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweden

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to visit Sweden. I would love to return! It's a beautiful country with a rich history and stunning architecture. But more than that, it's a place where God is at work...moving among the people, drawing them to Himself, bringing people from darkness to light.

I visited with Stew & Beth Webster, an incredible couple, who are seeking to follow the call of God on their lives in the midst of Stockholm. Their quirky humor and love for people has made them a great fit within the New Life Church that they serve.

Stew introduced me to fizzy water which I'm pretty sure had some other fancy name as well, but fizzy water is what sticks with me. It was....well, interesting to say the least. It must be an acquired taste...that I'm not so sure I want to acquire. Now fika is a word we should implement into American vocabularly and way of life. Fika is the Swedish coffee break...aka...one of the best times of day! The Swedes not only understand that coffee is meant to be good, they understand that it should be a frequent part of the day.

Ska vi fika? (should we take a coffee break?) The answer is always YES!

And for your enjoyment...a link to some pictures of Sweden.

No comments: