Thursday, February 04, 2010

My heart's desire

What is my heart’s desire? Does it match what God wants, and is it consistent with who I am?

In Romans 10:1, Paul says, “Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.”

Did his heart’s desire match what God wants? Yes, Paul longed for the same thing that God desires: lost people to be saved.

Was Paul’s desire consistent with who he was? Paul’s whole life was focused on helping people find God and grow closer to God. He did not merely wish for something; he backed it up with action and passion. Paul’s heart’s desire was appropriate for Paul and pleasing to God.

God has created each of us with unique desires that line up with His will and glorify Him. When I take time to seek God and read His Word, I will find my heart’s desires lining up with what He has for me

No comments: