Sunday, October 25, 2009

Journaling

I love to write. I frequently fill up journals with anecdotes about my days, thoughts about life and prayers that are on my heart. Some of what I write is pure nonsense (stemming from my tendency to be a drama queen), other entries are straight from the heart. Some entries are just silly while others are filled with emotion. Writing helps me clear my head, process what's going on in my heart and simply grasp onto what is happening in life. I recently saw this quote on someone's facebook status - not sure who wrote it originally - but it resonates with why I write.

Journaling occurs when something touches something deep within you and you do not want to let it go or forget it, but instead desire to drink deeply from it, sit with it, and allow it to have its way with you.

No comments: