Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Am I on candid camera?

Sometimes I glance around wondering if a guy with a camera is going to jump out from behind a tree and tell me I'm on candid camera. Take this past Sunday for instance. I'm at church, standing in the lobby talking to a few friends. One of them is a young man that I've known for awhile though I don't know all that much about it. He is very nice guy and I enjoy interacting with him. At one point, a woman I know goes over to "Jack" and brings him to stand in front of me. She asks, "Holly, don't you want to ask Jack a question?" Her intention was for me to ask him out. Oh my. I was wearing a bright red fleece and I'm pretty sure my face was the same color. Jack just grinned and winked at me. Still my embarrassment grew as I wondered what to say. Finally, I stuttered, "No." She turns to Jack and says, "Oh she's just bashful." And then I'm pretty sure she said something about me wanting to ask him out. I just laughed awkwardly and said, "I'm leaving." Was there a camera guy behind that pole?

Later that same day, I drove to the DreamCenter for our young adult group. How long have I been driving? Do I know how to park? I thought I did. But on this night, I pulled into a parking spot and pulled too far up, running into the car in front of me. I roll my eyes at my ridiculous situation, back up and put my car in park. I get out to examine the two bumpers and realize that the car I hit belongs to my ex-boyfriend. Yeah. That was fun...having to go upstairs and confess to him what I had done. Really...is someone hiding with a camera?

:-)

No comments: