Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Shack

It took me awhile to hear about this book but once I did, it seems like I hear about it from all sorts of places now. I first heard about The Shack from a coworker and borrowed the book from him. I read it pretty quickly and really enjoyed it. I think it could revolutionize the way some people view the Holy Trinity. It might also cause others to reconsider some of their assumptions about God's nature. I have decided to read the book again and am currently making my way through it a bit slower this time around. I would recommend you read it if you haven't.

Some of my favorite quotes:
"Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship."

"You don't play a game or color a picture with a child to show your superiority. Rather, you choose to limit yourself so as to facilitate and honor that relationship."

"Faith does not grow in the house of certainty."

"If anything matters, then everything matters. Because you are important, everything you do is important. Every time you forgive, the universe changes; every time you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes; with every kindness and service, seen or unseen, my purposes are accomplished and nothing will ever be the same again."

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God, but only he who sees takes off his shoes; the rest sit round it and pluck blackberries."

No comments: