Sunday, November 16, 2008

A new friend

I made a new friend this weekend. We were introduced last Sunday at church and were able to chat briefly. Unfortunately that was right in the midst of a raging ear infection and I had trouble making conversation. This weekend we saw each other at a dinner party and then again at church. She's really sweet and I think we'll be good friends.

I always find myself reflecting on what I'm thankful for during the month of November - go figure. Well, family & friends always tops that list. I'm grateful for new and old friends. And sometimes I like to randomly call friends and tell them how much I appreciate their friendship, like I did tonight. I think I surprised a friend with those words but it is so true. And when I am overcome with gratefulness for friends, I think it's wise to express that.

No comments: