Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time Off

What does a Sabbath look like? Are there certain things that ought to be a part of a sabbath? I doubt it. A day of rest is what I'm enjoying today. I slept until 10:30am, did a load of laundry, caught up on some email, made a few calls (work-related), and drove to Peoria. I had some schedules printed for camp tomorrow, picked up my guitar and am currently sitting at Kade's Coffee enjoying a Canella Dolce and typing away. My Canella Dolce is comprised of espresso, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and caramel drizzle. Mmmmm...it's really tasty.

I'm sitting in a fabulously comfortable couch and listening to some jazz playing overhead. There's a guy sitting right in my line of vision reading "Clinical Anesthesiology" and I'm trying not to laugh but he has some really funny sandals on. They are bright blue with yellow, black & blue checks on the bottom. They are really cool looking sandals, just not the type you would normally expect to see on a guy in his late 20's/early 30's. He's in med school and trying to figure out what field he wants to work in. It's been interesting to hear his story.

A mom & daughter were sitting across from me on the other couch for few minutes. When the girl farted really loudly, the mom & I exchanged glances and started laughing. It was one of those moments where the mom could have been embarrassed and I could have been disgusted but instead, we chose to laugh. Oh the joys of life.

Last night, I met some friends at Jalepenos for dinner. Then we went to Dairy Queen for dessert and finally off to someone's house to watch Spaceballs. We were all looking for something to laugh about and Spaceballs provided that for us. It was a good evening.

No comments: