Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Samples galore!

I went to a Sysco food show today with a coworker. There were 5 aisles lined with booths that had samples of all sorts - coffee, juice, cheesecake, breads, meats, desserts, appetizers, etc. You name it, it was probably there. We had a good time just walking the aisles trying random stuff. I tried duck for the first time. It was good. The whole event was Halloween themed so many of the sales people were in costume and everything was in orange and black. They gave us an empty bag when we went in and throughout the booths, I collected samples of various things to take home. It was pretty sweet. And to top it all off, it was free! Since the camp is a Sysco customer, it's a free event for us. Too cool...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've seen samples in Chicago groceries for 15 or 20 years! Poor Muslims who can't eat them because it's Ramadan! (I guess you probably don't have many where you are). And thanks for mentioning the Halloween theme. I'd almost completely forgotten about it, even though the lesson I taught yesterday was about holidays. My goodness, it's less than a month away! It's almost here! One thing I don't miss is American consumerism.