Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A bug

There is a bug on the windowsill next to me. I have no idea what kind it is but it's fascinating to watch. It crawls over to the window and proceeds to try to walk up it. I see the same type of bugs on the exterior successfully climbing the window. However, this bug next to me doesn't have the same luck. It will get a few inches up before falling back down to the windowsill and it usually lands upside down. I watch it struggle to turn over, flailing its legs, trying desperately to right itself. Then it crawls along for a little bit before repeating this whole process over again. Maybe it's the cleaning supplies that Panera uses that makes the window too slippery to climb, maybe this bug just can't do it like the others can. Whatever the reason, it's fun to watch him try with such persistence to climb the window.

No comments: