Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stay focused on Him!

Mike, the car saleman, delivered my car on Tuesday. When I called to ask for a ride, he said it would be just as easy for them to bring the car. Sounded good to me so I took him up on it. When he came to my house, he and I chatted for few moments and he said something that has really stuck with me. He knows where I work and wondered if I'd met this guy that used to work here. I said no but commented that there has been a lot of people who have come and gone from this organization over the years. He said that he's noticed that there seems to be high turnover in ministries - he figured that's why I didn't buy into their oil change program since I wouldn't be around to make it worth it. Then he said that for as long as I'm here I need to make the most of the situation. He said I should do my best, work with my whole heart and then when God calls me on, I'll know that I've served Him well here. Wow! Not what you expect to hear from the sales guy delivering your car. But what a God ordained moment for me.

We all need to be reminded of this truth. Wherever we are, whatever we are doing, we ought to work for the glory of God. He deserves to be served with our whole hearts, no matter our situation. And by focusing our efforts on serving God, we are free from the fear of man. We can rest confident in Him, knowing that no matter what happens, He is to be trusted. He is in control of our future. What a blessed picture that is!

No comments: