Monday, September 17, 2007

Finally...a new car

I bought a car! Well actually it's the second one that I bought. On Friday, I purchased a Mazda Protege. But over the weekend, I decided that it really had too many miles and I didn't want it. I'm going to be putting a lot of miles on whatever car I buy so I want to start with something that doesn't have a ton of miles. I never even picked up the Protege because it wasn't going to be ready until today or tomorrow.

Tonight, I went back to the auto place and returned the car. The sales guy, Mike, was so nice about it. I felt bad that I was being so indecisive but he didn't seem to mind. He said he just wanted me to be happy. The general manager, Bill, suggested that I buy and return a car every 3-4 days. Then I'd never have to pay a car payment. I like that idea. :-) Mike has been so helpful in buying a car. He's asked me a lot of questions, let me check out a bunch of cars and didn't push me to make a decision. Turns out he used to live in IL, about 2 miles from where I used to live. Small world, huh? We spent some time reminiscing about places we'd both been to. He invited me to check out the church that he & his wife attend.

After a test drive and some indecision, I bought a 2005 Chevy Malibu. It's green which is pretty sweet. I'll have to get some pictures posted on here at some point. It's your average four-door sedan. The neat thing is that it has a cd player, and power locks & windows. Now most people might not think that's any big deal, but given what I've been driving, this car is going to feel like riding in luxury. I pick it up tomorrow after work and it's going to get an immediate work out. I'll be driving it to AL on Wednesday. It's nice to have the car situation settled.

No comments: