Friday, September 07, 2007

Life is short.

My grandpa is dying. He has cancer, among other things. Today I got word that he has 4-8 weeks left. Ugh! I am so grateful I got to see him & my grandma last week in Minnesota. I wasn't supposed to see them. They were leaving on Sunday morning and I was arriving Sunday night. But my grandpa ended up in the hospital up there which prolonged their stay. While it wasn't the way I wanted it to happen, I am really glad I got to see them.

I feel like I have a special bond with my grandma because she and I share a birth month (which is why she gave me a special garnet ring earlier this year - my grandpa gave it to her about 50 years ago!) and we share a love of Norman Rockwell's work. It was hard to see the strain this is putting on her. And I love my grandpa. It's sad to know this is happening so I especially treasure that visit I was able to have with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about Grampa too, it's definitely hard, and my mom isn't taking overly well. Im glad you got to see them, I wish I could see him one last time too.