Sunday, May 13, 2007

Last things

This week, well the past two weeks really, have been filled with lasts. Each one is bittersweet. Some bring laughter, some bring tears. About a week ago, the tears began. I find myself crying at the most random times - like last night after watching Spiderman 3 with friends. It's been an emotional journey.

Just a few of the lasts I've been experiencing:
* Last time driving familiar routes
* Last chuch service at College Church
* Last meals with dear friends
* Last time playing Ultimate Frisbee here
* Last time attending 129 class
* Last day of work
* Last night in this house

Tomorrow's the big day. The truck is packed. The trailer is hooked up. My room is (mostly) cleaned out. 6am tomorrow we pull out. On to a new state. The start of a new adventure - full of unknowns, excitement, fear and the presence of the Lord. I go in His strengh. I rest in His provision, His faithfulness, His love. He will carry me through when I am lonely. He will strengthen me when I am weak. I look forward to what God is going to do through me in this new phase of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So it's been 3 days. How did the trip go?

How is the new place?

Got more cool photos?

Hows the camp food? :)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thomas.