Friday, April 13, 2007

Time management

Yesterday, I went to a fantastic seminar!!! It's called FOCUS and it's a FranklinCovey seminar on time management. I often stink at time management and need to be better organized with my calendar and task lists. This seminar lays out a variety of tools that can help you do that and much more. I came away full of ideas for dealing with distractions, emails, meetings, etc.

We each received a planner to help us get our stuff together. I've already begun using it and have find it quite helpful. I think I've accomplished more today than I have in a long time because I have committed to using this handy task list/calendar/note page in front of me rather than having to switch between screens/papers/etc. We'll see how it works out in the long run.

Another fun aspect of the day was having lunch with Ke Kanaka & Anastasia, two of my good friends. It was great to see familiar faces in the midst of a big city where I'm usually in the midst of strangers.

No comments: