Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A valuable friendship...

Normally I wouldn't blog again (i.e. 3 times in one day) but I just have to share something. I just got home from a friend's house. He takes care of my betta fish, Samurai, because it's simply too cold for him to live with me. So I go and clean out Sam's bowl every few weeks. We've had this arrangement since probably October and it's worked out well. Every time I go over there, we wind up talking for a couple hours and I walk away wishing I had more friendships like this one.

We'll talk about religion, the Church, Christians, the environment, passion, calling, movies, clothing - you name it, we've probably talked about it. And the great thing is we both have a tendency to jump topics in the middle of a thought and come back to previous topics without a hitch. To some our conversations may seem almost schizophrenic but it works for us. Anyhow, I always walk away from his apartment with something new to think about. Interactions with this friend get me excited and remind me what I'm passionate about. Our conversations make me think, confuse me and force me to reconsider notions I hold. And I love every minute of it.

I don't have these kind of interactions with many so I always value the ones I do have. It's a distinct privelege to have this friendship in my life and I've love to figure out how to cultivate more like it.

No comments: