Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Warp speed

Do you ever feel like you're living in hyper drive? Like you're stuck in turbo speed? And the moments of life are passing you by in a blur. 

I do. All the time. 

People say to stop and smell the roses. But then you realize the brakes of life aren't working. And you blink and it's been a year. Two years. A decade. 

And whose fault is it that we live so fast? Our own fault. We choose to be this crazy. To live in this chaos. 

Why? 
Why don't we live in the moment instead of looking ahead to what's coming next?
Why don't we enjoy today instead of looking back at what could've been?

I don't have answers. Just some ramblings. 

So today I'm thankful for the moment. For the moment when my boy hugged me and said he couldn't get enough hugs. 
For the moment that my husband looks up from his phone and listens to me. 
For the moment when my girl says she wants to do more crafting with me. 
For the moment that my current boss speaks highly of me to my new incoming boss. 
For the moment when I realize that I'm going to be okay. 
For the moment when I feel calm in the midst of the crazy. 
For these moments I am thankful. 

No comments: