Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Small things

Sometimes (most times?) you just have to start small and build up. When you are trying to get healthy, most people don't start with working out every day and eating healthy organic meals every meal of every day. Most people have to take small steps to incorporate healthier choices each day. Otherwise you set yourself up for failure.

If you decide to run a marathon but you've never run a mile before, it's not wise to start a training plan that begins with a 5K on day 1. You build up to that.

I guess I'm saying all this because I'm challenged to come up with things I'm thankful every day. Partly because I think I should have wise and insightful things to say all the time. I want to be thankful for big and important things. But right now as I struggle to even find the positive, I need to start small. I need to remember the little, every day things that I should be thankful for.

So today, I'm thankful for Greek yogurt and cheese. It made me happy to eat both for lunch today.

No comments: