Monday, April 21, 2014

Unforced Rhythms of Grace

Matthew 11:28–30 - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Sometimes I like to look up familiar passages in The Message just to read it again from a different perspective.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." - (Matt. 11:28-30, The Message)

I love the sentence, "learn the unforced rhythms of grace". As we face the many trials and struggles that most certainly will come our way as we journey with Christ, my prayer is that we learn the unforced rhythms of God’s amazing grace and allow His presence to help us re-imagine all that He desires to perform in us this season.

No comments: