Friday, February 08, 2013

Folly

Do you ever look at how someone is spending their time and you wonder what they are thinking? You want to shake them and ask, "What are you trying to escape?" or "What are you trying to prove?" There are things in this world (alchohol, drugs, sex, work, TV, etc.) that people spend a lot of time, energy and money on in an apparent attempt to escape from something.

"It's just what you do with this crowd."
"I want to fit in."
"What's the point of life?"

None of these follies will satisfy. They just flow down the gaping hole that each of us has that only One can fill. The rest is just a waste of time, money and energy.

"A man's own folly ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the LORD." ~Proverbs 19:3

And yet, I have no right to judge others. Rather I ought to pray. And I really should look at my own life, activities and actions and ask myself, "Are there things I am trying to escape?"

No comments: