Friday, December 28, 2012

You know you're a runner when.....

Found a website that had a list called "You know you're a runner when...." I picked out a few that currently apply to me as well as some that I look forward to being able to say are true about me.  For the link to the full list, see the bottom of this post.

You know you're a runner when.....
~you have more running clothes than regular clothes in your laundry pile

~you get an invitation to a wedding and you automatically think about what race the date will conflict with - just had that thought recently....even wondered if I could squeeze in the race without upsetting the bride (I was a bridesmaid)

~you're always hungry

~you no longer hate port-a-johns. In fact, there have been times when you've been very happy to see one - definitely had this experience after one race and while I still prefer a regular bathroom, I can appreciate a port-a-john

~you spend more time researching running routes than local restaurants when traveling to a new city - definitely done this!

~you know where exactly one mile from your front door is (in any direction) - well almost. I could tell you at least two directions

~you get jealous when you're driving in your car and pass runners

~you frequently get asked, "When's your next race?"

~you wear your running clothes for pajamas as to not waste any time getting out that door in the morning - ha! I've done this plenty of times

Ones I'm looking forward to saying someday:
~you can say things like "I'm just running an easy 6 miler today" and you really mean it
~you are still eager to run and to learn about running every day although you've been running for more than 30 years!
~you would rather run 10 miles than have your husband take you out for a nice steak dinner and a movie
~you get annoyed seeing that your GPS watch is still "Locating Satellites"
~you spent more timing researching a running watch than you did your car
~your runs are sometimes longer than your commute to work
~you always have your next race on the calendar
~one of the first things people ask you when they haven't seen you in a while is, "What race are you training for now?"
~you have running clothes and an extra pair of running shoes in your car, "just in case."
~you've had your running shoes for three months and you know it's already time to replace them
~you have a line in your budget for "race entry fees/race travel".

~your first thought when you look at the weekly weather forecast is, "When can I fit in my runs?"

See running website for the full list.

No comments: