Friday, September 28, 2012

Call to me

I saw this quote on a friend's Facebook page today and I had to post it here:
"The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them - words shrink things that seem limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make these revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried when you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear." ~Steven King
I read that and my heart cries yes! I get that feeling. When you get the point of bursting and you just have to share this thing that's been weighing on your heart and mind.

Words trapped in my mind
Thoughts coming rapid fire
Ideas that seem to make sense
Until they are put into words

And then you see the other person get this quizzical look on their face. Or perhaps worse yet, they laugh and tell you that you are so weird.

And then the words are trapped inside
Not because you don't want to share
But because you don't want the reaction
The strange looks
The tilted head of a confused listener
The laughter

And yet

There is One who wants to hear all my thoughts.
There is One who will never laugh at me.
There is One who never look at me with confused look
And He is the Creator of the earth
The Creator of me
Of you
"This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'" ~Jeremiah 33:2-3
And He knows us inside and out.
"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. ~Psalm 139:1-4

No comments: