Thursday, February 03, 2011

Choices

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." ~Psalm 62:5-8

Life is a journey. My ultimate destination is heaven. And yet, the journey doesn’t end there, it just takes on so much more depth and intimacy with Jesus. Life, on earth, is a difficult journey with twists, turns and even some apparent dead ends. We learn, we stumble, we grow. We laugh, cry, get mad, and rejoice. And we have choices.

Live for Jesus or live for ourselves?
The peace of Christ or the chaos of the world?
Fleeting happiness or the deeply satisfying joy that comes from the Lord?

What choices will I make – ones that bring instant satisfaction or perhaps the ones that are harder but bring eternal benefits?

Sometimes you can have both. Sometimes it’s a tough choice – instant happiness can be tempting to grasp onto but it is so short lived. I want to choose the things that matter. My peace and my rest come from Jesus alone. He has brought me healing. He is teaching me about His faithfulness. He is showing me day by day that I can trust Him. I don’t need to run anywhere but straight into the arms of Jesus. I can relinquish control to Jesus. I can give Him my confusion and questions and let Him have the control. I surrender to Jesus and will focus on Christ, my refuge.

No comments: