Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spiritual models

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." ~Psalm 119:9–11

How do we stay pure when we live and work in polluted and contaminated environments?  How do we encourage those in our sphere to stay pure?  Do you realize that integrity matters? Do you understand that holiness is a big deal to God? For that matter, do I? It is so easy for all of us to wander off course. The term 'stray' speaks of one who goes astray gradually, as outside influences attempt to take the place of a love for Christ.

I pray that as I lead a small group, as I interact with people at work, as I go about my daily life, that I would be a spiritual model of a woman who interacts with the Word of God daily, allowing God to mold my heart.  And my prayer is that you do the same. As we do this, God reveals Himself through us to the world.

No comments: