Monday, January 26, 2009

A little ridiculous, don't you think?

Okay so last weekend, I was in Wheaton and my friends made a birthday cake for me. They very kindly put one candle on it in representation of all the years that I actually have under my belt. In an effort not to spit all over the cake, I didn't blow very hard. After all, it was only one candle. It took THREE tries to blow out ONE candle. Ridiculous.

How's this for deja vu? This weekend, some friends made a birthday cake for me. Guess how many candles were on it? Yep. One. You would think I learned my lesson from the previous week. But no. In fact, this time it took FOUR tries before I found success.

How is it that I can't blow out one birthday candle in the first breath? Does this difficulty come with getting older? Can someone analyze me and tell me what this means?

No comments: