Monday, December 01, 2008

Fire and snow

We have about five inches of snow on the ground. It's so beautiful! The snow is clinging to the limbs of trees and more is softly falling. My car is stuck in the driveway because of the incline.

The first snow marks a momentous occasion in the world of Great Oaks. It allowed us to burn a mobile home and camper trailer. While I recognize and regret the negative impact that this burn had on the environment, it was not in my hands to control the decision. I decided to watch. Wow. In four minutes, the mobile home was completely engulfed in flames. Within 15 minutes, the roof had collapsed. It was crazy to watch. The fire was so hot, we kept having to back up. The smoke was dark black and quickly dissipated as the wind whipped it away. I hope I never have to live in a mobile home because it is a bit scary how fast it goes up in flames.

No comments: