Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sensory overload

One step at a time...that's how I'm approaching life. I jumped in with both feet to my new job and am loving it. There is so much to learn, so many names to remember and so much to do before staff training begins. One step at a time, I'm figuring out what needs to be done and how to accomplish it.

This weekend has been nice to just sit back and take stock of life. When I have a lot of time to myself, I tend to think. What am I doing with my life? My time? Am I honoring God with all that He's blessed me with? Am I seeking to please myself, others or God? Who am I living for? Sometimes the answers are uncomfortable and make me squirm.

I'm not meant to live in fear. I don't have to be lonely. God is so much bigger than my fears or my loneliness. He is the Creator God who loves me, who knows my name, who wants to be in a relationship with me! Nothing else should matter, but to live a life that honors Him. To seek an intimate relationship with my Savior. To rest in His loving arms. To be overwhelmed by His mercy and grace. I throw myself at the mercy of my God, in desperate need of Him!

No comments: