Friday, August 17, 2007

Random thoughts...

Paint my house???? Yeah right! Who was I kidding? hehehe...

I didn't get around to painting my house on my day off. Instead I went to town and spent most of my day at Border's and then Starbuck's. It was a much better way to spend the day. I thoroughly enjoyed browsing books. I'm looking for books on faith. Do you have any ideas? The summer theme for next year at camp is going to be about faith and I want to read a lot of different books about faith. So that's what I was doing at Border's. Then I went to Starbuck's and sat there and read a novel for awhile. Drank coffee, listened to other customers and the store staff...I love just sitting in a busy area and watching people. It's fascinating to me to watch how people act, what they talk about and to generally just wonder what their lives are about.

We just got done with a camp for inner city kids. It was fantastic! The kids were amazingly well behaved and respectful of the leaders. I was impressed. We had a great time together. I was able to be much more hands on involved with this camp and I loved every minute of it. I must admit though, I am exhausted! Not just physically, but mentally, emotionally and even spiritually. It's been a long summer. I'm in need of some time away, time to sleep, time to process the past three months. Good thing I have vacation scheduled to begin in 6 days!

No comments: