Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday's thoughts

I'm in Hackensack, MN right now, a town of less than 300. Crazy! That's smaller than one of the high schools I attended! In a few hours, I'll be heading out to McGregor, MN, another small town up here to see my brother & sister-in-law as well as to meet my niece! I'm looking forward to that.

It was a good trip up here, nothing exciting for which I was grateful. It's not very hot so when I'm done here, I'm going to sit outside and read Harry Potter 7 for a bit. I'm not quite ready to get back in the car so I'm hanging out at my parent's house for a few more hours before driving to McGregor.

I need to find some books on faith. There has to be some good stuff out there that would help me prepare the camp theme. I should find a Christian bookstore and take a look around.

Being back in IL with friends was really nice. I was able to see a bunch of people. We went bowling - I got a 126 and 85. Beats me why my scores are so spread out. There was a lot of laughter as we caught up and just enjoyed each other's company. It impresses upon me the need I have for friends my age in PA. I know that friendships don't happen over night. The relationships I have with people in IL took time to form, some took years. Eventually I'll have good friends in PA too, it just takes time and effort, neither of which I have expended much of. I'll have to remedy that when I get back.

Well, I'm hungry so I'm signing off to go in search of food. And to get back to reading Harry Potter.

No comments: