Friday, April 27, 2007

It's time for #9!

State number 9 that is (it’s hard to believe that I have lived in so many places!). It is with great joy and yet, deep sadness that I am leaving Illinois. On May 14th, I will be moving to south central PA to work at a nondenominational ministry. Two elements of the ministry are camping ministries and leadership training. I will be joining the staff as the Program/Leadership Training Coordinator. In this role, I will oversee the summer program, retreats during the school year as well as a leadership training program called 4.12 for 8th-12th graders. 4.12 is a discipleship/mentoring program which currently has 78 teens and 71 mentors involved.

A little about the journey: I grew up at Christian camps. My parents have been in camp ministry since I was 8 so it’s in my blood. It’s been a dream of mine to be a program director since I was ten so this move is a huge step in accomplishing that. I have worked at 7 camps in various roles.

The past nearly-four years that I've been in Wheaton have been incredible. I have so many fantastic memories. I've learned a ton, grown a lot and had the opportunity to try so many new things. It's been a joy to serve in 129 as well. I’d love it if you would pray for me as I go forward into this new adventure. It’s exciting to see what is to come and yet there is some fear involved as well – this is a big move!

No comments: