Monday, April 02, 2007

Creativity with trolls

Creativity breaks at work are very important for maintaining sanity. For the past couple months, I've had little troll figures on the counter of my desk. Remember these toys? My work ended up with a huge box of them that we got for free through an order mix up. So they float around the office and are used in many pranks. For awhile I had the trolls in various formations, then a coworker and I created a chess board and put labels on each troll so you knew what piece they were.

Today, I decided it was time for a change and since it's opening day for baseball, I decided to go with a baseball theme. I printed a baseball diamond, scoreboard and "go sox" signs. Then I created a set of bleachers with cardstock paper and I now have a baseball game on my desk. It's rather amusing.

And lest someone think I've done nothing but this all day, it only took me about 30 minutes to create.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that my college mascot is the Trolls? Only college in the whole nation, as far as I know. Somebody was trying way too hard for alliteration... Anyhow, good job. Very creative idea, and you chose the right team to cheer for :) (hehe...)

Anonymous said...

I like how you used the hair colors to denote the two teams and the Refs. We need to get little baseball bats for them now... :)

Thomas