Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Camp, camp, camp

Hmmmm...I've been debating about how much to write on here about my search for a camp job. Then today, two rather cool things happened and I can't help but write about it.

First, I was contacted by a camp director in IN who saw my resume on a camp association website. He apparently liked what he saw and invited me to consider applying for the program director position at their camp. He sent me a job description and I was also able to explore their website. And I have requested an application for that position.

Second, I heard back today from a camp in PA which is currently my first choice place. Not only would I oversee the summer program, but I would also be the leadership training coordinator and give direction to a leadership development program for 8th-12th graders. I love the prospect of having longer term involvement in the lives of youth rather than solely the one week segments that camp ministry normally affords.

I had previously submitted my resume and then a lengthy application. Today, I was notified that they have moved me to the next stage in the process which is a writing exercise - basically answering over a dozen short essay questions. Some of the questions will be pretty tough for me as I haven't intentionally thought through some of the topics. The writing exercise is due by Monday, Apr 2 at 12pm EST so I have a lot of work ahead of me. If I make it further on, there's still a phone interview and an on-site interview to go through.

The risk I run here is putting this information out there and then having to give an update if I am turned down. But I want to share this news because I think it's a good reminder of God's faithfulness. He's at work in this whole situation. I have to continually remind myself to trust Him for His provision and trust that He is sovereign in all things.

No comments: