Thursday, February 01, 2007

How am I doing?

Well, one month has passed and I think it's time to re-evaluate my resolutions for this year and see where I'm at.

1. Make lunch for work each day (reduces eating out)
~ This has actually been easier than I thought. The only times I've eaten out for lunch have been when I was being treated by someone. I've enjoyed bringing my lunch and have fresh fruit to eat.

2. Study up on the environment & related issues
~ I have not done anything here though I am hoping to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" sometime soon.

3. Work out 4x/week
~ I've been very consistent at 3x/week but squeezing in that 4th time has been a bit of a challenge. I'd like to try to make time for that in the near future.

4. Learn to cook a bit better
~ On Tuesday, I talked with a couple coworkers about ideas for cooking. They suggested a few base recipes that I could then build on and try numerous variations.

5. Learn to play the guitar
~ Um, yeah, haven't picked up my guitar in the past month.

6. Watch less TV
~ This is a rather subjective goal. Though I must say that in the past month, I have maybe watched 2 hours of TV total but I have watched 3 movies. I'm so glad that I've gotten away from TV so much.

7. Visit my parents 3x
~ I'm planning to see them in March, August & December.

8. Visit college roommates in CA
~ Not sure how this one is going to work out. Perhaps in the late summer/early fall, I could work out a trip.

9. Go to Honduras
~ On Jan. 26th, I sent out a prayer letter about my trip to Honduras which will be Aug. 18-25 (& maybe longer).

10. Go through CASA training
~ Training begins March 5th! I sent in the final paperwork today so I'm all set.

11. Share my opinions more often (tactfully, of course)
~ I have not done so well with this one and it's by far, the hardest one I think. I'm much more inclined to remain silent rather than speak up and give my opinion. It's a bit perplexing to me why I do that - I'm not a very shy person and trust me, I have opinions on everything. For some reason, I'm just not so good at offering them.

12. Complete the Run for the Stars (5K) in under 37 minutes
~ This race doesn't take place until May.

It's encouraging to see that I haven't failed completely on my goals. Some I need to improve upon, others I need to start for the first time. and some just have to wait.

Welcome to February! Go Bears!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh bugged someone besides me about food did you? :)

Good work on most of the rest of the goals.

Breaktime's over so back to work.

Thomas