Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Am I allowed to wish myself a "happy birthday"? I hope so, since I just did. :-) The division I work in just had a birthday celebration for me and gave me fun cards. We have a tradition that you bring funny cards for the birthday person. Usually these cards are age related humor but since I'm only 26, I received mostly just funny cards.

Someone asked me what I want to do differently this year and that's gotten me thinking. If I were going to set a goal for this year, what would it be? Or the other way I'm looking at this, when I turn 27, what do I want to look back and see that I accomplished or at least progressed in during the past year? I'd like to grow in trusting God and being content with where He has me. How that happens is a bit of a mystery to me. I do know that I'd like to meditate on the Word more often, letting it sit deeply with me and penetrating into my soul. I want to talk more deeply with friends and explore issues of the faith with them. And I want to spend time just listening to God, without an agenda and without barraging Him with requests.

And perhaps next year, I shall look back to find that my trust in God runs more deeply and I have found, like Paul, "the secret of being content in any and every situation." (Or at least more situations that I'm content in now. :-) )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaah for the Holly Natal Day rememberances! 8-)

Thomas

Anonymous said...

happy birthday a day late!!!
miss you! great blog!
www.fortportal.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from Jordan!